As a staff accountant at AMQ, this role will be reporting the Finance Manager, responsible for all accounts receivable, payroll and variable compensation functions. Responsibilities include budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis. Additional support roles assigned as needed in accounts payable and inventory management. This individual will also be asked to assist with select projects and to lead deep dives within various accounting areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focused on maintaining strong financial controls in compliance with GAAP and corporate policy.
- Recording accounts receivable by processing checks and ACH transactions.
- Posting revenue, reviewing invoices and communicating with clients on issues or payment collections.
- Variable compensation analysis with calculating incentive and compensation payments.
- Processing payroll, reporting and analysis of wages and compensation.
- Performs a variety of financial reporting and analysis activities at company level.
- Support leadership team with data mining to provide data-driven analysis.
- Develop financial models to support strategic initiatives.
- Reconciles and analyzes data to ensure the integrity of financial information.
- Takes significant leadership in emphasizing continuous improvement on reporting and analysis as well as the procedures.
- Ad-hoc business reporting.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Possess a strong understanding of the data, its meaning and relevance.
- Able to identify any discrepancies or outliers in the data, based on information or inputs.
- Capacity to provide logical conclusions, options, recommendations and suggest analytical solutions.
- Analyzes situations and makes decisions based on business and information.
- Strives working with others in other company functions to gain better understanding of business to help provide more robust analysis.
- Thrive in a fast paced, high demand, environment with delivering results on time.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills and able to quickly learn other systems used.
- Confidentiality and providing data on a need to know basis.
- Technical Knowledge and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills with ability to get into the details and articulate findings to senior leader level.
- Exhibit strong self-leadership, able to problem solve and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Flexibility with changing responsibilities and priorities.
AMQ Key Behavior:
- GGOB “Open Book Management”
- Accountability and proactive approach
- Adaptability and flexibility
- A customer service orientation
- Commitment to continuous improvement and professional development
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or similar field
- 3-5 years applicable experience